WHAT ARE YOU NOT IN THE MOOD FOR?
I woke this morning feeling REALLY LAZY about writing to my email list.
And guilty that I haven't been posting here regularly either.
In my defence, it's been a looooooong couple of weeks. Good things, definitely, but also challenging things to attend to, in all areas of my life... and today I just didn't feel like getting out of bed, let alone getting to work.
I was just not in the mood.
And I just know (because you are a fellow human being) that you sometimes feel this way too.
So here are the 3 things I did that got me from uninspired and resistant, to....'here I am writing to you all and feeling excited again!'
#1 - I tapped
With a short video - Things to do and not in the mood - that I made in 2018 (when I still wore a watch and didn't have a ring light.)
There are 3 things in there that really helped shift my energy.
- Spending time acknowledging how sluggish and resistant I'm feeling - really saying how it is
- Clearing this energy, not just from now, but from all the times in my past when I was made to do something when I wasn't in the mood
- Setting the two-fold intention to get it done and enjoy getting it done
#2 - I set a timer .
For just 12 minutes. Just enough to get me going, but not enough to feel like a horrible expanse of tiresome time.
#3 - I chose a way to celebrate afterwards
I promised myself that I would watch a YouTube video and have a second cup of coffee right after sending the email.
By celebrating afterwards I am not only giving myself some motivation but also a pat on the back for moving through the resistance and getting the job done. Yay!
So what are you not in the mood for? Take these steps:
- Think of something that you need/want to get done today
- Rate your resistance on a scale of 1 to 10
- Tap with the video
- See how you feel at the end...
And let me know!! Comment below.
(Also...would you like to be on my email list and get tapping resources, articles and good stuff? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know if you're primarily a musician or stage performer or a coach. )