If you're anything like me, goal-setting doesn't come naturally. 😳
The whole activity can bring up a LOT of resistance and old messages (all great material for tapping, BTW!)
- Who am I to even think about big goals?
- Don't play big - you'll upset other people!
- Who do you think you are?
- You'll only set yourself up for disappointment.
- I'm busy enough already without adding more to my calendar.
- Oof, it's too much effort. What's on Netflix?!!
But it's well-known that goal-setting creates purpose, productivity and... results! 👏 👏 👏
So, I was looking for a method which was Quick & Easy (like all of my cookery books!)
I found it when I began writing my book The Music Inside back in 2016.
After many stops and starts I joined a Self-Publishing School, and there, one of the first things I learned, was how to use Mindmaps.
BTW, you may already be a Mindmap expert and I'd love to hear about your experience with them! Just comment below - I enjoy talking about them almost as much as I like making them! 😁
Now I use them for EVERYTHING!!!
- My book (the whole thing and each individual chapter was mindmapped)
- My Deep Dive and Fast Track to Fame Programs
- This email (and all my emails)
- Blogs, social media posts, video scripts etc
- My Christmas letter to family and friends
- My daughter Emma's 'going away to Uni' plan (oof, she leaves in less than 2 weeks🤯)
- Etc etc etc.
And GOALS for each year!!
Here's how I did the 2022 Goal-Setting - and BTW, it took about 10 minutes on my Fast Track to Fame Group Call this past Tuesday.😍
- Take a BIG piece of paper and a pen.
- Set a timer for 15 minutes.
- Draw a circle right in the middle of the paper and write 'MY 2022 GOALS'.
- Now start sending lines out from the middle circle. Here are some of the categories that I use:
- Some more categories:
Having filled this up I now do separate Mindmaps (on new bits of paper) for the different elements.
For example, I'll continue the thinking around my new book, and the different ideas, tasks, timelines, connections etc that I'll need to have, do and make.
So that's it! Sweeeeet and very simple. 🥳
I hope this is helpful.
And I'd LOVE to see yours! Send me a pic. And most of all, have fun!!! ❤️